- Improving Extreme Weather Forecasting Capabilities in support of Power Outage Prediction Activities. Marina Astitha (PI), Eversource Energy, 05/01/2020-04/30/2023.
- High resolution wind prediction capabilities. Marina Astitha (PI), Eversource Energy, 1/1/2020-6/30/2021.
- Climate Change Assessment for the Green Energy Sector in the U.S. Northeast. Prof. Guiling Wang (PI) and Marina Astitha (Co-PI). May 2022-Dec 2022. UConn CEE Initiative.
- “CLEAN EARTH: CoLlaboratory of Environmental Advocacy, Net-zEro-Carbon And Renewable TecHnologies”, Marina Astitha (co-PI Climate/Extremes), (PI: Emmanouil Anagnostou), Office of the Vice President for Research, University of Connecticut, FY22 New England University Collaboration on Renewable and Sustainable Energy. 3/2022 – 3/2023.
- “Deployment of a high-resolution wind prediction system for the offshore wind farm facilities in the Northeast Atlantic cluster.” Marina Astitha (PI), Eversource Energy; 5/2023-5/2027.
Enhancing Predictability of Power Outages from a new Representation of Weather and Vegetation Impacts in UConn’s Outage Prediction Model. E.N. Anagnostou (PI), Marina Astitha (co-PI). 01/01/2018-12/31/2019.
Understanding the information embedded in observations and regional air quality model outputs and using models for regulatory assessments. Funding agency: Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI). M. Astitha (PI), ST Rao (NCSU and UConn). 12/2015-06/2018.
Expanding the UCONN Predictive Storm & Outage Model into Eversource MA and NH. E.N. Anagnostou (PI), David Wanik, Marina Astitha. Eversource Energy. 09/01/2016-12/31/2018.
Department of Education’s Graduate Assistanceships in Areas of National Need (GAANN) project: Environmental engineering at the forefront of water policy and education. T. Vadas (PI), G. Wang (project director), C. Kirchhoff, M. Astitha, E. Anagnostou, J. Mellor. 2015-2017.
Next Generation United Illuminating Predictive Storm Damage Modeling Enhancements for Preparedness and Emergency Response Support. E.N. Anagnostou (PI), Marina Astitha, and David Wanik. United Illuminating, 05/01/2016-01/31/2018
Grid-side System enhancements to integrate distributed energy resources. PI: Peng Zhang, co-PI: Marina Astitha. Eversource Energy Center. 10/01/2016-12/31/2017.
Predictive Storm & Damage Modeling for Preparedness and Emergency Response Support. E.N. Anagnostou (PI), Marina Astitha, Brian Hartman and Dave Wanik. Eversource Energy Center, 07/2015-12/2017.